Sunday, March 27, 2011

Capturing the emotion


  Capturing a slice of life is something I enjoy doing at any given time,  whether it is a family occasion or something I see as I'm walking down the street.  When I have my camera, my intent is getting some type of emotional  moment in an image.
   Feature images are a large part of why I decided to pursue photography.  Getting the best composition, lighting , aperture and shutter speed, will be issues to consider and work with for every type of image.

  I originally planned on capturing girl's 16th birthday party as my event for this assignment.  However, there were others at the pool who provided great rover images.   I decided to use the pool photos as rovers. and looked around for a suitable event image.  





Melissa Croad, 16, on the shoulders of Josh Seiberson, 17, both of Toledo, plays the game of  chicken  with their friend Alison Thomas, 16, Oregon at Maumee Bay Lodge in Oregon, Ohio,  Saturday, March 19.  (PHO245/Teri Birtwhistle)







Abbey Holiday, 7, of Oregon,  Ohio plays at the waterspouts Saturday.  Abbey's mother, Tina, said  the family enjoys the pool at Maumee Bay to combat cabin fever. (PHO245/Teri Birtwhistle)


Roy Alojado,  of Chicago displays  remote control airplanes for  Horizon Hobby during  the Weak Signal Expo at the Seagate Center in Toledo Ohio, April 3.  Toledo has hosted Weak Signal expos for 57 years, bringing enthusiasts from as far away as Australia. (PHO245/Teri Birtwhistle)

















2 comments: