Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pay it Forward

Starting this blog was at first very intimidating for me. But it quickly became a task that I looked forward to. Being able to express my opinion and interests through pictures as well as writing about them is a powerful tool.


One of the first things  I learned that is very helpful, is to keep organized. Develop a work flow and follow it. Once you get that then the rest falls into place.

I was able to get the caption writing book at the public library, which saved on money. However, this is a book that I would purchase if I was going to  continue with journalism classes. It is very helpful.

Getting the images is the same with photojournalism in many respects.  The basics do not change.  Lighting, background, composition, the  rule of thirds still apply in this class.

One thing that I would do differently if I were to take the class again, is to start thinking about the final project sooner and line up what I wanted to do. Also have several backups if the first should fall through.
Other than that, I think that this blog is a great learning tool, I plan to keep it up and add some interesting topics from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment